Technically, REVEN allows to record and generate a trace for any Linux distribution. However, as of v2.7, REVEN provides OS Specific Information (OSSI) support for the following versions of the Linux kernel only: Linux 64-bit, versions 4.1 to 4.14.9 included. Most of the time, OSSI is a corner stone in understanding and working with a REVEN trace. This range of kernel versions translates to the following versions of common distributions:
- Fedora up to 27 (kernel version 4.13)
- RedHat/CentOS up to version 7 (kernel version 3.10)
- OpenSUSE up to 15.0 (kernel version 4.12)
- Debian up to 9 (kernel version 4.9)
- Ubuntu up to 17.10 (kernel version 4.13)
- NixOS up to 18.09 (kernel version 4.14)
Each distribution may have its specific set of patches that can hinder the OSSI retrieval. Feel free to contact support if you cannot get OSSI when using a distribution from the list above and to tell us which is your distribution of choice as far as analysis is concerned.